Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Last Friday.. Minda, Derek (bro), Steph (sis-in-law.. and from now on they shall be known as such here) and I went to the most CRAPTASTIC dessert place ever in Melbourne, some say Malaysia.

Minda's Yoyo. It was.. so-so.. even the cheap cakeshops in Malaysia can come up with this..

"Grape fruit roll". More like Grape Shit if you ask me.. It's sis-in-law's FAVOURITE MUSICAL INSTRUMENT TOO HAHA. TOK TOK TOK. Stupid rock hard piece of sh*t. It was the most expensive dessert out of the 4 somemore.

Sis-in-law's I forgot what's the name of this dessert. The middle part was okay.. but I'm not a big fan of the cream..

Bro's chocolate mud cake. Looks nice, right? But the insides were so damn DRY..


So the conclusion is.. DO NOT go to the dessert place at Lonsdale St, next to Stalagtites. You have been forewarned.


Apart from that, we also had Vietnamese beef noodles at Russel St, and chinese dinner at Sharks Fin House at Little Bourke St, which in my opinion, is the most OVERRATED chinese restaurant in Melbourne. I found dim sum there just plain average.. thankfully their dinner dishes are better. But they have that stupid minimum $15 per head charge..

We'll be trying out Pacific House at Richmond this Friday! Planned to go to Glen Waverly for some dim sum on Saturday but I just remembered that I am volunteering for the MASCA Intervarsity games.. yeah man I'm so involved in extracuricullar stuff now hahaha.

We plan to try out new makan places every Friday from now on.. and start a food blog to document our culinary experiences.. However, we don't have a name for our group yet =(.. Any suggestions?

I've also managed to secure a Group Assessment invitation from Safeway supermarket.. if all goes well.. I would officially be a working overseas student. I have to get through this and pass the 2nd interview as well.. The extra cash would do very very nicely to fund my shopping trips.. =) I just bought shoes today.. 3-inch wedges.. only $20 because the store had a 60% off storewide sale. Nice nice me likey.. I shop tooooo much here.. compared to back home.. haih.. the currency exchange rate doesn't help much either.

I also bought Levi's jeans from the Spencer St. DFO! BEST BARGAIN EVER. Only $25. The original price was $100. If you don't think that's an awesome bargain, you ought to be whacked with those jeans..

No comments: